For the tahini paste you will need the following ingredients:
1. Sesame seeds about 16 ounces or more depending on how much you want to make
2. extra virgin olive oil, I cannot tell you how much you have to eyeball it until its the consistency of peanut butter.
Toast your sesame seeds in the oven on 350 for about 10- 15 minutes on a cookie sheet the purpose of this is to roast the seeds just until golden brown and it doesnt take long so keep checking because they burn easy. When the seeds are finished toasting, grab your blender or food processor and put your seeds in there and add a little bit of extra virgin olive oil just to give it some liquid to blend easily. Blend until smooth and looks like peanut butter add some minced garlic if you want to and put in a storage bowl with a lid it keeps for about 6 mos in your fridge.
Now for your hummus you will need:
1. chick peas or garbonzo beans they are the same thing, 1 can unless you are making this for a crowd then you want to adjust this to accommodate a group.
2. extra virgin olive oil
3. any kind of veggie, I use sun dried tomatoes, garlic, carrots, celery, red bell pepper , half of a jalapeno and a red onion.
4. Tahini paste about a quarter cup to a half cup you just need to eyeball it.
UPDATE: You can use whatever flavor combination you like just make sure to keep it simple because too many flavors at once wont turn out well in this recipe so here is the video on how I made Lemon and garlic Hummas.
Start off by dicing up all your veggies except the sun dried tomatoes put them to one side. Put your diced veggies on a cookie sheet and drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil. Preheat your oven to 375 and roast the veggies for about 45 minutes.
Next add your chick peas to a blender or a food processor, then your roasted veggies and sun dried tomatoes. Add some extra virgin olive oil and tahini paste. Blend until smooth, pour your hummus in a food storage container or if your taking to a party pour it into a serving dish and you have a delicious and healthy dip for veggies, crackers or you can put it on sandwiches instead of mayo.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Until we meet back here tomorrow I hope you all live, laugh and love.